The webinar on “Alternative schemes for implementing green public investment programmes. Experience from Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands” will take place on 22 June 2021, 09:00 – 11:00, CEST. English – Russian interpretation will be provided.
You can follow the webinar through this link.
Objectives of the Webinar
- to facilitate knowledge transfer and experience-sharing between the EU and its Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries with regard to greening public expenditure;
- to support countries in the EaP region in their efforts to prepare and launch green public support programmes with the aim of leveraging private investments into environment-friendly and socially important projects.
Content of the Webinar, Speakers and Target Audience
- The invited experts will represent private sector companies from Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands – such as investment firms, commercial banks, etc. – which act as managing agencies for environmental programmes using public funds.
- The speakers will present the implementation schemes that can be regarded as alternative implementation structures to a more conventional use of public environmental funds. The content of the webinar will be particularly focused on to what extent the outsourcing of these services can support public authorities with limited administrative capacities in reaching the country’s environmental and climate-related goals.
- The invited audience will be local public authorities (national, regional or local level), environmental NGOs and private sector active in this area, as well as environmental experts from the EaP countries.