The Consultation Workshop on Sustainable Public Procurement and Public Procurement Regulatory Reform in Telavi took place on 10 November 2022.
Objectives and expected outputs of the consultation workshop were to:
- present and discuss SPP concept and its benefits;
- present SPP related articles and provisions to the new draft law “On Public Procurement”, as well as the draft by-law on SPP;
- present and discuss the approach and the relevant guidelines for further implementation of SPP concept on selected procurement objects (goods);
- present and discuss Georgia SPP criteria;
- present main concepts of the ongoing public procurement reform in Georgia.
The participants included representatives of the local authorities of Kakheti region, administration of the state representative of Kakheti, as well as representative of the Environmental Information and Education Centre and State Procurement Agency of Georgia.
Under the EU-funded EU4Environment project (Output 2.3. Green Public Procurement and complementary tools), UNEP in close cooperation with the Environmental Information and Education Centre (EIEC) and the State Procurement Agency of Georgia (SPA), implements a set of activities on promotion and application of SPP, including improving the legislation to introduce the SPP provisions. This envisages organizing consultation workshops for the representatives of the local authorities. The purpose of the consultation workshop is to present SPP concept, its benefits as well as SPP related articles and provisions to the draft legislation and main concepts of the ongoing public procurement reform in Georgia.