As a part of the activities on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) under the EU4Environment Action funded by the European Union, UNIDO organized a national conference entitled “Will Resource Efficiency be at the Core of Business Success in Georgia?”. The national partner of the event was the Energy Efficiency Centre (EEC).
The event took place on 7 and 8 November 2023 in a hybrid format (in person and online) at the Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi.
It gathered stakeholders engaged in green economic development in Georgia, including Government, international, and civil society organizations, business associations as well as representatives of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs), experts in the fields of engineering and energy, members of academia, and practitioners from EU4Environment (2019-2024) and EaP GREEN (2013-2017) Actions (RECP Clubs’ members, RECP Demonstration Companies, and RECP experts).
The purpose of the conference was to highlight and promote resilience and green growth in Georgian enterprises by showcasing the benefits of RECP in the transition to a Circular Economy. Additionally, the event provided an opportunity to discuss and share experiences, tools, and programmes on greening Georgia’s SMEs through six sessions covering the following topics:
- national policies and strategies for governing green development;
- resource efficiency in practice, improving the performances of MSMEs;
- transition to the Circular Economy in Georgia;
- overview of the Product Environmental Footprint and eco-labelling as a part of the Single Market for Green Products initiative of the EU, Sustainable Public Procurement (SPP), eco-innovation, and other related tools;
- training and certification programmes;
- financing the green transition for the SMEs in Georgia.
For more information, please contact Ms. Tatiana Chernyavskaya, UNIDO Project Manager: T.CHERNYAVSKAYA@unido.org.