The second meeting of the Inter-ministerial Working Group on the promotion of Sustainable Development and Green Economy/National Implementation Committee (NIC) for EU4Environment in the Republic of Moldova took place on 11 September 2020, as part of the Result 1 – Greener Decision Making.
The main objectives of the Second WG/NIC meeting in 2020 were to:
- present the information about the implementation of EU4Environment in Moldova in 2020 with contribution from Implementing Partners;
- take stock of plans and activities under EU4Environment sub-components by implementing partners for September-December 2020 and plans for 2021;
- discuss EU4Environment Second Regional Assembly preparation (22 September 2020) with the participation of National Focal Points;
- discuss and approve the priority domains for the update of the policy documents in the field of green economy, evaluation of costs and green investments needs and partner actions for 2021-2022 (ex.: eco-innovation for SMEs, eco-labelling etc);
- discuss the preparation for the EU Green Week 2020 (October 2020);
- ensure synergy with other projects;
The event brought together State secretaries, Members of the Working Group on Sustainable Development and Green Economy/National Implementation Committee for EU4Environment in Moldova, representatives of governmental agencies, Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment, Organisation for Small and Medium Enterprises Sector Development, Agencies for Public Procurement and for Energy Efficiency, academic sector, environmental NGOs, EU Delegation, and implementing partners.