The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is looking for an Implementing Partner to assist with the development of a National Program for Waste Management and a National Waste Action Plan in Azerbaijan as part of the EU-funded EU4Environment Programme.
The full call for expression of interest is available here.
To express interest in this assignment and/or receive further details on the project, please send the following information no later than 15 February 2023 to Irina Davis (email@example.com) and Alex Leshchynskyy (firstname.lastname@example.org ) at the UNEP Europe Office:
- A succinct description (max. four A4 pages, font size 11) of your organization’s profile and experience. The expression of interest should provide details on the relevant experience and previous work of the organization (including publication links) in the field of sustainable waste management and circular economy.
- An overview of the proposed team, their functions in this assignment and respective CVs.
- Proposed Budget Plan per activity.
This call for expressions of interest is open to any not-for-profit organization, think tank, university or research centre based in Azerbaijan or in the Caucasus region. While it is advantageous if the applying entity is based in the region, applications from entities outside the region are also welcome.
- Relevant experience, in the area of sustainable waste management, sustainable development and circular economy;
- Experience in policy drafting and analysis in the field of environment and waste management, specifically industrial waste, hazardous waste, construction and demolition waste, and other related fields;
- Knowledge of international best practice in waste management, including management of industrial, construction, demolition and hazardous waste;
- Knowledge of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for different waste streams; particularly in Easter Partner countries is desirable;
- Experience in conducting market review, reports and assessments;
- In-depth knowledge of legal and policy framework of waste management in Azerbaijan, specifically construction and demolition waste, industrial waste, hazardous waste, etc.; transboundary waste movements, chemical waste;
- Proven experience in dealing with diversified entities encompassing government agencies, development partners, donor organizations in Azerbaijan;
- Knowledge of Caucasus and/or Eastern European countries will be an asset; Proficiency in English and Azerbaijani is required.
The proposals will be evaluated and scored according to the following criteria (maximum score for each quality is indicated in brackets):
- Quality of the application (fully completed template, proposed budget plan, CVs) (2 points);
- Technical capacity of applicant, including past/ongoing experience of the proposed project team (2 points); and
- Past/present partnerships/networks (including with governmental organizations) that the applicant can rely upon for the purposes of activities’ implementation (2 points).