On 3 June 2020, the Organisation for Small and Medium Enterprises Sector Development (ODIMM) with participation of EU4Environment implementing partners organised a kick-off conference on the National Greening Program for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
The National Greening Program for SMEs (approved by Government Decision no. 592/2019) is implemented with the purpose to promote, support and develop the capacity of SMEs to adopt practices of greening the processes of production and provision of services.
It involves a complex of activities with an integrated approach of awareness on introducing the greening practices in the processes of production and provision of services.
The Program actions aims to:
- improve the knowledge and skills of green planning, related to the efficient use of resource, the involvement of new technologies in the processes of production and provision of services;
- create information infrastructure for SMEs support that will preserve during the greening cycle development, to find customized solutions and improve the guidelines and self-assessment tools;
- evaluate the degree of SMEs greening program beneficiaries;
- provide informational support, trainings, counseling and business assitance services;
- advise on international standards implementation and eco-labeling certification (ISO and EMAS)
- provide economic incentives for SMEs encouraging to pursue greening actions, energy efficiency and eco-innovation technologies development, economically justified;
- exchange of good practices in the field of circular economy and greening principles application at the European and national level;
- ensure the synergy and connection to other types of entrepreneurial support programs implemented by the Organisation for SMEs Sector Development and other local/ international partners in order to increase the resource efficiency and greening principles for sustainable development of SMEs.
The objectives of the meeting were to:
- inform entrepreneurs about the opportunities to access the support offered through the SMEs Greening Program;
- present the results obtained during the collaboration process with international partners in order to develop the launch and implementation tools of the Program;
- outline the vision for developing the institutional support capacities during the greening process of SMEs.
The event brought together representatives of the business environment, central and local public authorities, academia, business support and environmental protection institutions/organisations as well as representatives of international development partner organisations and was viewed online by more than 16 000 people.
Presentation on Eco-innovation approach, ecological value-chains and product innovation (UNEP)
Presentation on Resource efficient and cleaner production (UNIDO)
Presentation on National Greening Programme in the Republic of Moldova (ODIMM)