The high-level dialogue on eco-labelling was held on 30 September 2022.
Objectives of the high-level dialogue on eco-labelling were to:
- leverage the discussion on eco-labelling in the governmental agenda to support draft Regulation on eco-labelling in the Republic of Moldova;
- raise awareness of the Moldavian authority, business associations, national stakeholders on eco-labelling and plans on development of the national ecological label;
- promote eco-labelling as an efficient tool on access of information to individuals, as well as a tool for SPP;
- promote eco-labelling as a strategical tool to increase access to different markets (i.e. the EU market);
- ensure awareness and full support of finalisation of the Regulation on eco-labelling and promote eco-labelling practices in the Republic of Moldova as an efficient way to meet commitments under the EU Association Agreement and numerous environmental multilateral agreements.
The high-level representatives of the Moldavian governmental institutions, agencies, business associations, national stakeholders, as well as the EU Delegation to the Republic of Moldova and UNEP.
Within EU4Environment, UNEP in close cooperation with the PA EcoContact implements a set of activities on promotion of eco-labelling system development in the Republic of Moldova. In particular, a comprehensive assessment of the legal framework of Moldova was prepared, identifying the current state related to the eco labelling, and existing laws facilitating the regulation and later implementation of eco labelling in the country. The only existing and currently functioning system of environmental labelling in Moldova is on organic labelling in the agriculture sector.