The event was organized on 18 November 2021. It focused on the following key objectives:
- present the results of industrial waste management activities to the representatives of the Davydiv VTC;
- discuss the preliminary results from waste mapping activities to refine findings and reach the final results;
- discuss the benefits and new opportunities related to waste mapping for the manufacturing enterprises of the Davydiv VTC.
The participants list consisted of representatives from the Davydiv Village Territorial Community, industrial enterprises, local authorities and agencies, and ecologists as well as UNIDO and Sweco.
The organizers of this event were the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Centre (RECPC) and Sweco.
The information meeting on waste mapping is held within the framework of the “Circular Economy and New Growth Opportunities” Component of the EU- funded “EU4Environment” Action. The purpose is to present the preliminary results of industrial waste management and waste mapping activities, to give the representatives of the enterprises from the Davydiv Village Territorial Community (Davydiv VTC) the opportunity to comment, and to develop further plans and finalise results.
Waste management includes the activities and actions required to manage waste from its generation to its final disposal. This includes the collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste, together with the monitoring and regulation of the waste management process and waste-related laws, technologies, and economic mechanisms.
An efficient waste management system creates an increased business value. This contributes to the sustainability of manufacturing industries and the promotion of economic opportunities.
The overall objective of waste mapping is then to identify, assess, and map waste streams of manufacturing enterprises in order to develop options for improving resource efficiency.
In Ukraine, the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Centre is the national partner of UNIDO in implementing the “Circular Economy and New Growth Opportunities” Component of the “EU4Environment” Action, covering three core thematic areas:
- Resource efficient and cleaner production (RECP)
- Circular economy (CE) and industrial waste management (IWM)
- Single market for green products (SMGP)