EU4Environment invited Georgian enterprises to an information workshop and the “I-GO Assistant” application in Georgia. The event took place on 24 March 2023.
This workshop aimed to build an understanding of the I-GO Assistant tool amongst Small and Medium–sized Enterprises in order to get feedback on how to best improve the tool to fit their needs. The workshop included an introductory session on resource efficiency, followed by a live demonstration of the I-GO Assistant tool and a case study on the implementation of resource efficiency. Another key outcome of the workshop was to better understand the specific needs of companies and (SMEs) supporting organisations in Georgia and other EaP countries. In particular, the workshop aimed to:
- Familiarize participants with the I-GO Assistant tool;
- Present the I-GO Assistant tool;
- Introduce case studies on the implementation of resource efficiency measures;
- Better understand the specific needs of SMEs and supporting organizations in Georgia;
- Provide ideas to identify appropriate sustainability measures for enterprises.
The event gathered about 50 participants from the RECP Clubs’ member and demonstration companies from EU4Environment (2019-2024) and EaP GREEN (2013-2017) programmes implemented in the Eastern Partnership region with the European Union’s support, RECP Experts, representatives from the businesses, and SMEs interested in the application of RECP methodology.